to the Stevenage Gardens and Allotments Association web site
Here we will try to keep you updated with what is going on within the association.
If you are a member you can read the minutes of the Comittee meetings and the AGM.
NEW DATE FOR SPRING SHOW
Put a date in your diary as the Spring Show has been set for the
26th March 2017
at Lawrence Avenue in the large marquee at the far end of the site.
It will start at 1 o'clock
There are classes for Spring Flowers, Cookery, Preserves and a Children’s Section
Have a look at the Schedule and download it by clicking HERE
and see what you might enter. It's all good fun.
February Newsletter 2017
The February Newsletter has arrived and is available to view and download.
So sign in and have a read by clicking here
If you have any ideas, reviews, articles or tips that may interest/help members then please get in touch ready for the February newsletter
The shop is open
Saturday and Sunday 10am - 12 noon
Visit our shop page to see a selection of our products
Click here to view
You can also join the SGAA while you're there as well.
Forms are available at the shop
Why Join The SGAA?
Stevenage Gardens and Allotments Association (SGAA) is open to anyone who has an interest in gardening.
It isn't necessary to have an allotment.
Association members enjoy the following benefits:
- An active and responsive committee to lobby the Council about issues of interest or concern to plotholders. We are always working with the Council to ensure the needs of the plotholders are met.
- Access to a competitively priced brand new allotment shop at Haycroft Road on the Lawrence Avenue site.
- A site representative who is your voice with the Council for general matters, eg, chippings, fence repairs, keys, vandalism etc. He/she is a volunteer, and there to support the Association’s members.
- Informative newsletters three times a year to which you can contribute articles, and suggest future topics. This now contains some recipes
- Regular notices posted on your site notice board or gate.
- Member’s classes at the Association Autumn Show (run on RHS rules) in September and the Best Kept Allotment competition.
- Trips/Social activities that represent the desires of members. All suggestions are welcome. Members receive a discount.
- Last but not least a wealth of experienced people ready and willing to share their expertise with you at no extra cost other than the four pounds a year it costs to join. (£2.00) for senior citizens.
If you wish to join the association please use this link to the membership application form.
Regards John Thurgood (Chairman)
To view the Stevenage Gardens Allotments Association Constitution